HISTORY of THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN
CHRYSANTHEMUM & FLORAL ART SOCIETY INC
In 1915 our Society was formed as the National
Chrysanthemum Society of SA. After various attempts at establishing a
base, meetings were eventually held in the Railways Institute in 1945.
The Society changed its name in 1950 to the SA Floricultural Society.
The aim was to amalgamate all the small societies to form one society
and hold four shows a year catering for growers of chrysanthemums,
daffodils, dahlias and gladiolus and so forth. However, societies wanted
to retain their own identity and in 1982 the society became known as the
South Australian Chrysanthemum & Floral Art Society Inc.
Bendigo Goldfields Chrysanthemum Association Inc
Western Australia Chrysanthemum Society Inc
Chrysanthemum Society of Victoria